Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Engagement Session



So I did my first engagement session this past weekend, it went ok. I was nervous and took like 300 pictures and of those 300, there were only about 50 I liked, pretty disappointing. I guess the only way I will get any better is to practice but it is so difficult, I feel like I will never be any good at this and I really don't know how to use my camera. I need to relearn what f-stop and aperture means and I think I need a light meter. I kept my camera on manual focus throughout the shoot but controlling the rest of the settings was much more difficult than I remember with my Canon A-1, I always had to control my settings because the camera had no auto at all and I did fine, but now I just don't get it. Well here are a few of my favorites, I am so nervous to show them to the couple because I am afraid they will hate them but I want to play around in Photoshop and maybe I can get them to look presentable. Hmmm........let me know what you think.


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you did great they look great I like the way you take pictures at the moment not posing and you are good at that! I am glad you are doing something you love and be positive about it. One day you will be a professinal photographer!!! Love ya Rosie