Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Less Than 2 Weeks!

These weeks are going by entirely too fast and I am starting to freak out. I am so excited to get to see this little baby that I have been growing in my belly and bonding with the past 9 months but I also feel like I am not ready. I guess with some things, you are never really ready and I will just have to figure it out as I go along. I do wish I had her room ready and I am trying to get it that way but currently, there is only painted walls and furniture. I still need quite a few things but have to wait to see if we can afford to get it all. It would be very nice to have her room completely done before she gets here like a normal parent, but I am just not sure if that is going to happen. Somehow, though, I do not think she will notice.

I went to the Doctor yesterday and she said I am ready to have the baby whenever she is ready to come out! She said that if I do not go into labor beforehand, the induction date for Monday, November 16th is definite. I was also able to find out what Doctor is on call that day and it is actually the main Doctor of the practice so that was nice to see. I meet with her next Thursday and I am assuming that is when we will go over the details of the induction. The only thing I did not like about this Doctor when I googled her was that her specialty is c-sections, great! Hopefully everything will just go as planned and I won't have to worry about that. Of course, nothing is actually "definite" if the baby has other plans so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

My blood sugar has surprisingly gotten much easier to control which is not normal. They say it gets harder to control the further along you get because your body releases more hormones and that is what resists the insulin. I have been off my nightly medication for 2 weeks now and have not had one high reading in the morning. Before, I could not eat anything about 4 hours before I went to bed, I had to go to bed starving and wake up starving in order to get a reading close to where it was supposed to be. Now I can even have a snack consisting of a small bowl of corn flakes and milk and be fine the next morning! Of course, being able eat more doesn't help out with the weight issue but I am still well within my calorie and carb limits for the day. I have been gaining and losing half a pound here and there each week so I am up 12 pounds total. My goal was to not exceed a total of 15 pounds and it looks like I just may be able to do that. The nurse told me yesterday that most people gain a ton at the very end and then the girl in the lab who was pregnant with her second child confirmed that she gained a ton at the end. Well, I am at the end and have less than 2 weeks to go so how much can I actually gain in 2 weeks?!? Especially since I don't just eat whatever I want and lay around the couch all day, that's why those women gain a ton, they are just trying to scare me. Plus I read that at the end, you hit a point of nesting where you get lots of energy, want to clean everything, and actually lose a little bit of weight. Ya, this has not happened to me yet and it really needs to, my house really needs a thorough cleaning!

Well, I won't have too many posts left before I start posting photos of our little girl and talking about all the joys of having a newborn :) I am especially excited about the photo part, poor little girl is going to be forced to be a model her whole life. She'll love it!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

haha! Chanele you sound so cute! the part about having the room done like a "normal" parent- there is no such thing as a normal parent! So you're doing great! Also, it sounds like she will suffer the same fate as Amy- who has had a camera in her face since birth :) That just makes them a natural at it! Love you lots- SOOOOOOO excited about the baby! Please bring her up here as soon as you are able! I'm sending Amy with a good camera to bring back lots of pics - love, Stacy

Christi said...

I am still so excited for you!! yay! She will be joining a great group of people with November birthdays! :)