Monday, October 12, 2009

Induction

Since I am high risk with Diabetes, I now have to go to the Doctor's office twice a week where I am put on a machine for 10-15 minutes that monitor's the baby's heartbeat and movement. I need to remember to bring a book or magazine next visit because it gets a little boring. The Dr. says everything looks good and she is very proud of my blood sugar numbers, she says I am doing a great job. That's nice to hear because I do feel bad about having to take medication at night.

At my last appointment, I was informed that if I did not go into labor naturally, I would be induced at 39 weeks. This puts my new date at November 15th, I am not sure if they will induce me on exactly that day or maybe the following day which is a Monday but that is what I was told. I do not like the idea of being induced and would rather do things naturally but I also don't want her to get too big or have complications because of my diabetes.

I have a growth scan at St. Joseph's hospital on October 22nd and we will see how big she is then. Maybe if she is on the small side, they will let me try for 40 weeks but I doubt it. On a good note, this gives us a chance to see our baby girl again which was tons of fun the last time.

I have to go to the Doctor again this week on Tuesday and Friday and I will update if there is anything else to update you on. For now, I am still at a 12 pound total weight gain and still hoping for a maximum of 15 pounds total :)

No comments: