Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Life, updated....

I have not been keeping up with this blog the way I should be. Mainly that is because it will not longer allow me to post photos because I have run out of space. However, I found another site that I prefer that allows me to post photos and I will simply write what I have to say here and post a link to photos if I want to share some.

I have probably already shared with all of you how excited I am about my new photography job and if I haven't, I am sure my Grandma Frost has. Anyways, I randomly met a girl on the internet about a month ago who is a journalist for an event magazine, BizBash. She found out I was a photographer and at the same time found out that her photographer was put on bed rest and was unable to cover an event she had scheduled the following day. She asked if I could go and I did. Everything went well and she asked me to do several more events with her. We really hit it off and her editor really liked my photography style, so much that one of the photos I took for my first event was in the running for the cover of the magazine! It was between mine and two other photos and we didn't actually make it to the cover but just the consideration alone was very exciting! However, we will be published in the November issue of the magazine. Plus, I have now been asked to be her permanent photographer and will have a change of title from "temporary photojournalist" to "Staff Photographer" for BizBash magazine. I am thrilled to death, it is the best job ever and could not have come at a more perfect time. So now when people ask what I do, I can proudly state that I am a photojournalist for a magazine.

I am not trying to brag with everything I just said, I am simply excited and wanted to share. I know this is just something simple and it doesn't even pay that well but it is what I want to do and I couldn't be more happy about that. It's come at a point in my when I felt that life was completely out of control and it seemed all past decisions had turned to failures and every road I was choosing was just leading me in an unending maze and then God starts to put them all together. It's amazing what happens when you just give it all up and stop trying to control your own life, there's no point. His way is so much better and I know I don't deserve it, but I certainly am thankful for the blessings in my life. If you've asked me in the past year or so what I want to do, what my dream job is, you know that it is to be a freelance writer and photographer for a magazine. I have half of that down now and it's just amazing to me that I am actually doing what I want to and what I am going to school for. I am really thankful.

Thanks for listening, I know I had a lot to say but I wanted to share it. I really can't believe how blessed I am sometimes. Here are links to the photos and the article that will publish in the November issue:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560864840ToZPuc?vhost=good-times
First event

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560927151kRwuab?vhost=good-times
Second event - Mars Candy Company

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561050418cqXCRW?vhost=good-times
Third Event - Fur Ball a charity event for The Big Cat Rescue

http://www.bizbash.com/florida/content/editorial/e8944.php
Online article

No comments: