Saturday, December 5, 2009

Weight

If you know anything about me, you know that my weight has always been the biggest issue in my life since I was a teenager. In high school, I honestly thought I was fat but now I would give anything in the world to be that thin again, but I'm not. I feel so huge now and it's been almost 3 weeks with seemingly no progress on the shrinkage of this monstrous belly.

The good news is that I am now 4 pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant but I do not look it. Unfortunately, I gain all my weight in my stomach and then throw in a big uterus and lots of extra flab and I am a cow! I have been reading baby message boards and so many women still have 10-15 pounds left to lose from their pre-pregnancy weight at this stage but also have completely lost their belly by 2 weeks! I know everyone is different but I thought that only gaining 13 pounds during the pregnancy and the fact that I am breastfeeding would help my stomach go away so much faster. Not happening!

At my last appointment, the Doctor said that my incision looked great and was healing very fast so I asked if I was ok to exercise, her response was "NO." Not until 6 weeks can I really do anything at all. Not that I was so big on exercising before, but something has to be done, especially since I already have a headstart with the little weight loss I experienced during the pregnancy. I am ok to walk as much as I want though and that's usually the only thing I am interested in anyways so I am going to work on that for the next few weeks, it's good for me and the baby loves being in her stroller. After the six weeks I know I will need to throw in lots of sit-ups with the walking if I ever want to fit into my jeans again. It would be really nice if I could fit into jeans a couple sizes smaller since I was obviously overweight before I got pregnant.

Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll post how excited I am to not be wearing maternity jeans any longer.

No comments: